Card's author : Outils-Réseaux et SupAgro Florac
Card's type of licence : Creative Commons BY-SA
To begin with : Small and simple tool to agree on a date with a group or to create a small survey.
Official website : http://framadate.org
Tool's boxes : Calendar
Requirements : internet access is needed
Some practical uses :
- Establish a date for a meeting
- Choose a logo
- Choose a name for the group
Using the tools :
Going further :
- Only suggest dates when the people who are required to attend are available
- Avoid suggesting too many dates, as this dilutes answers. A possible consequence of this: the date with most votes only represents a small minority within the group.
- Set a deadline for each survey
- Pay attention when several Framedates are open: take note of replies
- It perfectly meets the needs of groups when searching for a common date.
- The fact that other participants can see the replies of others encourages them to reach a consensus.
- This tool is extremely easy, using it with beginner groups can be a first stage, a "small and irreversible experience".
- Free software
- Hosted by a "Loi 1901" association: data are not kept or resold.
- It avoids flooding an email account with useless emails when trying to agree on a date among several people.
- This tool does not solve the issue of unavailability.
- Those replying first have more advantages.
- Not convenient for confidential meetings or secret choices, since with these surveys participants are visible to everyone.
- This service is maintained by volunteers: service availability is not guaranteed
Licence : Open sources, Free
Using : Easy
Setting up : No setting up