Card's author : Frédéric Renier, Supagro Florac
Card's type of licence : Creative Commons BY-SA
To begin with : An Etherpad is an online-service which allows several persons to take notes simultaneously. A chat is linked to each page? Etherpad is also a freeware which can be settled on a server.
Official website : http://etherpad.org/
Tool's boxes : Synchronous Communication
- a good internet connection
Some practical uses :
- Collaborative note-taking in a meeting. The consequences on dominating relationships are important, this custom contributes to move the lines.
- Note-taking between remote partners by coupling the pad with a videoconferencing tool. However it is not always easy to share one's attention and screen between two apps.
- Live control of the meeting's progress, with a possibility to ask questions in the Chat.
Going further : Tutorial on the interest and the use of private pads
- The classic of first irreversible cooperation experiences.
- So very easy to use, every contribution is directly noticeable by others, many export possibilities, allows a synchronised co-writing, "wysiwyg" (page layout can be done in any word processor).
- Notes taken are more complete.
- Creating a pad directly from the web browser address toolbar can be a major methodological obstacle.
- Limited to 16 simultaneous
- Depending on the internet connection quality, the experience can be totally counterproductive.
Licence : Open sources, Free
Using : Easy
Setting up : Reserved for IT Jedis